Monday, March 17, 2008

A Pirate's Life For Me!

So last Saturday we had a Pirate Party for our nephews- Tyler, Pax,Hunter and Kolter...and who can forget our niece,lil baby Zoe! It was awesome. Eric and Nicole brought the pinata, Sue made a mouthwatering meal consisting of BBQed chicken, Salmon, and such. We all dressed up as pirates, they all looked great. But Sue's costume had to take the cake! :O) Jamie and I's job was to make a treasure map-and setup a treasure hunt. We spent most of our afternoon shopping around with our friend Colby.He helped us find rub on tattoos, swords, and a magnifying glass for our map. We setup a plank outside Hector and Sue's, for the kids to walk across....they enjoyed it thoroughly! We led them outside the house, across the plank....and to a tree where we had the other half of the map stuck into a tree with a knife-the boys thought that-that was "oh so cool" We led them into the old school, where the treasure hunt began to get a bit scary for the younger boys. But they mustered up the courage to venture into "Black Beards Lair" We led them through a tiny crawl space-that most of the adults just went around-Nicole being pregnant...would have made it a wee bit difficult haha. At the end of the crawl space, we checked the map...the map led the kids to some stairs....and up those stairs and far to the back of the tiny musty room- there it was!!! The treasure...it was filled with pirate toys,and jewels,coins, and sports toys. Never have I seen them so excited...Hector however....decided that their were "pirates following us" One thing led to another...and Jamie and Hector lit some firecrackers in the room that we were in. The boys screamed!! And ran as fast as they could out of the room into the safety of their mothers arms!! Poor Ty was so upset that he was crying...and lil baby Zoe as well. So the boys made a decision...since Grandpa Hector scared them so bad...they decided to make him walk the plank!! How cute! The night ended with a pinata-which Kolty wanted to break open....evidently, Hunter ALWAYS busts it open. And he wanted to this time....well things didn't go as planned and Hunter accidentally broke it open before Kolty did....oh boy...was he not a happy camper! He soon settled down, and busted it the rest of the way...which made him once again content. The only thing missing at this Pirate Party was lil baby Carson! :O( We sure did miss having him with the family..as well as Travy and Crystal. Looks like we will just have to throw another party when they visit!!

2 comments:

Planty Mama said...

You don't know me, but I came across your blog quite by chance. I can't help thinking that it is not just coincidence as I am a lifetime member, but fairly recent convert to the church. In fact, I came back into the church around the same time you were baptized. I want to bear my testimony to you that this church is true. The more principles I am obedient to, the greater my knowledge and the greater the blessings, even when I don't quite understand the reason for the principle. I hope your testimony continues to grow and that you will continue to feel the blessings of activity in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints!

Trav, Crystal, Carson, Cooper, and Chasely said...

Yea Julie! I am so glad you started this whole blogging thing, I love it! It makes us feel like we're not in BFE without any family or friends! By the way my version of BFE includes no swear words :) So your pics are so cute and I love to hear what's going on with everyone! The pirate party sounds like a blast and I am so sad we missed it! I'll add you to my site when my computer stops being retarded, it says that I need to delete my cookies before adding new links???