Monday, June 23, 2008

Meet Summit




***SUMMIT OUR GREAT DANE***



So we bought a pup!! It's about time!!! I have been pet deprived for too long!!! I don't know how I coped for 2 years without a pet. I come from a family where pets are important, and plentiful. Growing up we always had a dog, and a cat..at the very least. We eventually bought horses, acquired 3 dogs, two barn dogs, and one indoor. 4 barn cats, one rat, one hamster,one turtle. Birds galore... hedgehogs, chinchillas, hermit crabs, fish...you name it we had/have it.










My parents live on a lovely little ranch of 5 acres, they have a nice big barn. They have 4 regular sized horses, and 5 mini horses, 4 are mares, and are all pregnant. That makes 13 horses...WOW. My mom bought an Amazon Blue parrot, she has two other smaller parrots as well. My sis still has her guinie pigs, hamster, and rat. They have one turtle and rabbit, and they share the same pen! Down to one barn dog, and one indoor dog. 3 barn cats.I love going home for a visit, I find animals to be very therapeutic. I grew up with the desire to be a veterinarian..life took it's twist and turns, and well...I'm not.. :o/ OH well..at least I have my pup Summit!!

2 comments:

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Cute Julie!
We love our dog too....I never trust anyone who does not like dogs!!! Anyways I just found out that our family reunion is on the day you get sealed. I would love to be there but I will already be out of town. I will be thinking of you on that day though. The Temple is amazing and it draws you closer to the Savior. I will probably see you soon...I will be in GR today and all weekend!
Ker

Trav, Crystal, Carson, Cooper, and Chasely said...

Summit is so cute! I can't wait to meet him!