Sunday, May 20, 2012

Week 38 and Counting!

37 weeks 1 day!
Still pregnant! All 38 weeks of me, but not for long I presume! Saturday was a pretty awesome day. Can't remember the last day that really wasn't actually! I feel very blessed to have felt so amazing through this pregnancy. I did get hit with some fatigue the past few weeks. I had plenty of down days, just spent relaxing, reading a book, playing with Elijah outdoors and lounging around.

It has been nice for a change. I am quite a busy girl. I like it that way too. I really enjoy always having a task, chore, errand, craft, or home improvement project to do! At first when the fatigue hit I was a bit miserable. I missed going to the gym, and my at home workouts just don't do me justice I feel. I at least had jogging outdoors with Summit! The only downside was after my morning workout I was beat! And it literally zapped my energy for the rest of the day. So I cut back on cardio, and upped my pilates, and yoga. It helped a lot, but I missed my daily running routine!

Elijah helping mom and dad prep the vegetable garden
The past week has been good with my energy levels. They have seemed to come back to normal. Most likely because of my hormones I think? Getting ready to have this baby!! Penelope will be here literally any day now. It's very exciting to think about!

I got a lot of work done in the yard yesterday. I decided it was time to get rid of a lilac bush that Jamie and I had always talked about cutting down. We love lilac bushes, however this one was in the way of my up and coming vegetable garden! Good thing we have 2 lilac bushes in the yard. It would have been really sad, I love keeping fresh lilac in the house during the season!

Jamie woke to me taking a the chainsaw to the bush in the early A.M. He came out and asked what I was doing. I told him. "Prepping my vegetable garden!" He said "OK, just don't cut off your leg." Then he went back inside and him and Elijah apparently watched me finish the job. He told me later it was enjoyable watching his wife do something like that. It made him proud. :O) 
Goodbye Lilac Bush!
We spent the day running errands, doing yard work and going to a birthday party for our sweet niece Paige. I was literally on my feet, hands and knees all day. Played basketball with the nephews, ran around in the yard blowing bubbles with all our nieces and nephews. Walking around the mall, and home depot, digging out lilac bush roots, shoveling dirt and weeding in my vegetable garden. There were a couple of times when I was pulling up roots that I literally though Penny was gonna pop RIGHT out of me! She didn't though!


After we called it a day, Jamie wanted to go mountain biking. I was all game to go. But he thought it best for me to stay home and relax. Good thing I did. He came home drenched in sweat, and so sore beyond belief! Guess Ill have to hit that trail after Penny is born! ;O) I don't think I would have survived!

Playing with Earthworms!
I didn't have a problem with the high amount of activity yesterday as most people would have thought. I felt great, slept great, and woke up early feeling great! Ready to do it all over again!

I did have some more sign this morning about Penny's arrival! So I know that those contractions yesterday from all the activity must have been doing something!!? 16 days left until my due date. I wonder when she will make her debut!?!?


On another note! Our family hit a milestone on May 18th!! It was our sweet Summit Boy's birthday!! He turned the big 4!!! What an amazing dog he has been in our lives. Great Danes make GREAT companions! Elijah and him are the best of buds. Our family would not be complete without him!!!


Happy Birthday Sir Admiral Ullr Summit!
Summit's Birthday doggie cake I baked!
Elijah and Summit <3

2 comments:

Trav, Crystal, Carson, Cooper, and Chasely said...

We are getting soooo excited for you guys to have Penelope! Little girls are so precious!!!

derek and michelle said...

Girl you are awesome, prego and with a chainsaw...lol. Cant wait to see that little girl!