Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Today is my DUE DATE!!! 40 Weeks Pregnant!

40 weeks!
 Well here we are at week number 40!!!! Today is my due date.... and Penelope Ann has not arrived! We went in bags packed to my Dr. this morning to have a checkup, and do a non stress stress test. Penelope passed with flying colors. Heart beat was outstanding. We then checked my fluid, and she has PLENTY of fluid in her lil home as well! She is certainly not ready to come out. I am okay with that. I am anxious to see the little tyke, but she just isn't ready!
39 weeks!
Other than that my appointment showed that I had lost 2 lbs, this past week, and I haven't progressed with my cervix. It's opening, but not enough to even scrape my membranes!! Not that effacement and dilation even mean anything. People can walk around at a 5 for weeks, and NOTHING. People can have NOTHING for WEEKS, and BOOM..dilate like it's cool and have a baby in a matter of hours.

Since there was no need for induction today, we will wait ONE more week. If labor doesn't jump start on it's own, then we will induce next Tuesday morning June 12th @ 7:30am!
I have had so many people tell me how sorry they are that I am going over my due date. I find it silly. I'm in no pain or discomfort. Still running, lifting weights, boxing, pilates, yoga, etc etc.. You name it I am doing it. I feel pretty darn fabulous. I just have the occasional tiredness!

This past week has been a little hectic. Elijah broke his leg. He was dinking around on the couch with dad, and twisted his foot, and fell off the couch. The fall isn't what broke him, it was the twisting action on the couch we presume. He has been a trooper, and has been walking on it for a couple of days now.

It is so hard and sad to see your baby hurt like this! My baby boy!! It was just in time too, dad had to go on graves, and so I was left tending to Elijah all day and night, with a little break from dad once he woke up in the afternoon to get ready to go to work. The first 3 days were kinda tough. I tried to keep us busy. The tough part was Elijah whining, and needing to be carried EVERYWHERE. I mean I work out daily, and do all sorts of vigorous exercises, but having to carry around almost and extra 50lbs between Penny in my belly, and Elijah on my hip...it was exhausting!!
His awesome camo cast!
So thankful his cast is waterproof, it has been SO NICE to not have to worry about keeping my Critter clean!!


I have honestly been trying every trick in the book to induce this labor..And zilch!!! My neighbor came over the other day flabbergasted that I was mowing the lawn. She said I was crazy. LOL mowing the lawn is a piece of cake compared to most of my workouts I have been doing throughout my whole pregnancy!! It's just walking back and forth really haha. I don't even recall breaking much of a sweat. Maybe because of the heat..but that is about it!


 I am extremely thankful and feel truly blessed to have had such another amazing pregnancy. I feel very ready, and confident to have Penelope! So excited to see what labor is like, and to potentially experience a natural birth. She is currently weighing in at around 6.5 lbs. A whole pound more than Elijah was when he was born ( he was a Cesarean due to being breech, and not being able to turn during the ECV. and taken at 37 weeks.) So I very well could be having around a 7lb baby give or take!! That is odd for me to think about LOL.

Hope to see you soon Penny!! Mommy, daddy, and big brother Elijah are so eager to meet you sweet girl!!!

1 comment:

derek and michelle said...

So excited to see her!!! You look amazing!