Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Home Improvements!

Finally we have begun our little project! Our down stairs is where we have our master bedroom/bath. When we bought our house, this was the only part that was not finished.

We haven't gotten very far, but it is just the beginning!! We are halfway done with framing the walls, we have just the shower part done so far...and by golly...it is gonna be a huge shower!

We have been getting some great ideas from Jamie's family!
This is where our shower will be, we have some pretty stellar ideas for a double headed shower, with a nice bench in the far back, with a archway entrance!


This is where the bathroom will be. The past owners, had some really weird layout with a wall built in the middle, and it had what looked like where a window may go? Hard to explain, but we just couldn't find a need for it, so we knocked it out and expanded the bathroom here to this area.

I helped Jamie build one wall so far...yay! GO ME! haha I do intend to help more..I am very thankful to have a handy hubby. He has learned so much from his family when it comes to building homes, and home repair. It is awesome! He reminds me very much of my dad! :O)


This here is the area just to the left of the bathroom, this is where our walk in closet shall be.
This is the on the far opposite side parallel to the closet. This is where we will most likely place our bed, and then to the right dressers, and a rocking chair of course...Jamie insists!!! haha

My favorite store is now Home Depot!! I used to dread walking around all day with my dad, I only enjoyed it because I liked the smell when I was younger...but now..who ever thought that picking out toilets, tile, and fixtures could be so much fun!!!?

On another note, my snowboarding competition went great! I places fourth, and got to meet and hang with some pros! I met a bunch of really awesome gals, who I plan on boarding with whenever the chance arises!

This here is Professional Snowboarder Iris LazzareschThis is the pro in the comp that I competed against, she is uber chill and down to earth!!!








It was a great experience for myself!! Still surreal that it even really happened! I plan to continue to compete a bit, just to see if I really like it. I do have a competitive edge, but when it comes to snowboarding...that is a bit different. So far I think I just enjoy the ride, cruising with hubby and friends, enjoying nature. The more I venture into the snowboarding industry, the more I see the politics of it all, which kinda sucks the life outta ya!! Oh well!??

As for my pup Summit..he now weighs 120 lbs...yes 120. I myself weigh 109..you do the math...HUGE! He is only 8 months, so not even close to being full grown!! WOWZA!

We will be taking him to Oregon the end of this month to visit my family. My mom breeds and sells miniature horses. Not ponies, not Shetlands. But miniature horses, there is a difference...go google it!

The smallest FULL GROWN mini that my mom owns is 26 inches high. Summit TOWERS over this lil dude, I plan on taking pics of the two of them side by side.. I can't wait to share the pics!!

4 comments:

A Country Girl and A Southern Boy said...

Isn't house renovations so much fun :/ I'm the same as you... I never thought going to Home Depot and looking at tile for an hour would be so much fun. We will have to have eachother over for a house showing when we are both done. Congrats on the snowbaording competition, That's Awesome!

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Love home improvements!

Kenzee Jo said...

I like remodeling!! Kris and I have a house in RS that we re-did to makes some money. It's been a pain, but good at the same time I guess... :] It's a lot of work, but I love looking at something and knowing I did it :] Makes it seem better :] Have fun! Love your new pet by-the-way!!

boandheidi said...

Way to go with all the home improvements. Congrats on placing fourth in your snowboarding competition.