Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane!"


Crystal and I have been training our buns off these days. We are planning on running a half marathon in April, and doing a triathlon in May. I want to also run a 10k in June, and another half marathon in Sept.

So far so good! I haven't been diligently running for a while- before the holiday season last year I was running on average 25 miles a week. Getting back into running wasn't as hard as I thought it was gonna be, it probably helps that I kept doing my other workouts!!

I am not too sure how my training will pay off on such short notice of the marathon, but heck, I don't really care at this point, it is just a starting point! Something to keep me motivated to keep running!

If there who would like to join us is this quest, please do let us know, we would love to have ya!

Things have been going smooth our way. I got another raise at work!! I work hard, and it is acknowledged for once!! I am very thankful for the amazing boss that I have- couldn't find one better!!

Jamie and I have finally gotten our taxes done!! Boy am I happy to see those numbers! On top of that, the Government is giving out a $7000 loan if you were a first time home buyer in 2008. It is interest free, and they just take a bit out of your taxes each year until it is paid back.

We haven't quite figured out how we want to spend it. Some for the remodel, maybe a bit towards my Jeep, and of course, my favorite part...just plain ole spending it on us!!

VACATION!! Jamie and I have been trying to figure out where we would like to vaca to. It is a tougher process than I thought!! So many choices! Can't I have em all????

We will be able to have a mini vaca the end of this month. We will be going to Oregon for a week to visit my family!! It has been too long! It will be awesome to see them all, and to be able to be there on my lil sis's bday!!

3 comments:

Kenzee Jo said...

How fun! Congrats on a raise(that always makes work worth while)...and yes, I think you're crazy for doing a marathon and running all the time. I used to in high school, but not anymore! :] Good luck with that though...
Going on a vacation anywhere is great...you get to get out and not be at work. I haven't gone many places (Africa is the biggest). But Ireland, Scotland, Australia, New Zealand, and England... are definitely on my top spots to go to someday. :] Can't wait to here where you are going...vacations are the best and make life great when you have something to look forward too..ahaha!

boandheidi said...

Way to go with all that running. Congrats on the raise. Have fun spending all your new found money!

elonna said...

I wondered who Chrystal was running with. I haven't run for years it would take me way too long to get in shape for half a marathon, but I love running maybe someday I will get back into the running thing. Remodeling is so much work, but it is rewarding. Good luck with it.