Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Joy's of Computers...



So after years and years of loyalty my computer has had it!! Recently the screen just stays black, but the rest of the computer is running just fine!




I was really peeved when this happened, I had all my shreddingbetty stuff on that computer, loads of awesome tunes, and of course all my HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENTS! How am supposed to do finals?! I mean sure yeah I can go over to Sue Sue and Hectors, so I am not at a complete loss, but just having everything at the convenience of home is...just well..convenient!




Jamie hooked up our laptop to our tv in the living room. And everything seems to be running just fine, I am transfering all my goods to a USB to put on my new laptop!




Before we figured out this little trick of our tv, we were using a backup laptop of ours, Bryce was just going to huck it, and we said nah, we will take it! It is slower than molasses, but better than nothing!!




We went shopping the other day for laptops, I think we have it narrowed down to 2! The HP Pavillion dv6 and the HP HDX 16 (My personal fave!!) It has 6GB Ram, and 500 GB internal drive :O) HECK YES!!! Go big or go home! And it has a lovely 17 inch wide screen, and of course all the newest latest features on could ask for!! I has a pretty neat thumb scanner you use to login to your computer, so no one else can, like we need it...but it's neat am I right?




It's gonna cost a pretty penny, but oh so worth it! We are leaving for Oregon on Tuesday, so we just plan on buying one there when we visit ( No sales tax! )




It certainly has been interesting to see how I have had to adapt to not having my computer function for a few days...indeed, I actually did not adapt, I was pathetic, I moaned and groaned everyday...




In this day and age computers are everywhere, everyone has one, and I for one seriously had my LIFE on this puppy. All of my snowboarding internship pieces, college work, and networking is all on computers, without one, I would have a hard time getting anything done!!




I am thankful for the convenience that computers provide, hopefully it will be at least another 7 years before this one goes out!!! Ugh!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello friend! So...where are you supposed to be right now?????????? Ha Ha! See you in a few hours for a big birthday bash for Ashley!

Anonymous said...

Our computer is dying too. We love the blog by the way, it's great to see how you guys are doing.

Green River High School said...

Jamie?!? Hello- long time! Julie- I went to middle school and high school with Jamie. Good to see you guys on here. Looks like life is freaking awesome! Our blog is @ www.tyandlyndsgardner.blogspot.com
take care!!
Lyndsay (McCullough) Gardner :)