Sunday, January 11, 2009

Called of God




Jamie and I have been released from our previous callings, and asked to be Ward Missionaries!!! It will entail a whole lot more preparation, and personal time, but I am really stoked on it!!! Working with Jamie is going to be great!! I will miss my calling as a Primary Teacher, but change is always a good thing!!

This weekend was pretty relaxing..besides having to get up early each day :0/
Jamie and I went boarding at the Canyons yesterday. We had such a lovely powder day!! I feel truly blessed to be able to ride here in the mid west...we honestly do have the best snow and mountains ever!!

I was offered another sponsorship from Akinz Boardwear!! They are a newer snowboard clothing line in Colorado.

It really feels surreal to be sponsored...

Akinz Boardwear would like me to compete....they say it's not necessary, it will totally be up to me. They will pay for the all the entry fees, and anything else that goes into it..travel expenses, food etc.

I might wait and hit that up next season. If I want to excel in my sponsorships, and go farther in the snowboarding industry, competing would be the next thing in line for me to do. However I just got a new true twin tip board, which will make riding park for me a lot easier to do. So I feel the best thing for me to do this season is to just train!

I will certainly keep you all updated on the subject!! And if any of you want free shreddingbetty stickers, send me an email a julie@shreddingbetty.com

2 comments:

A Country Girl and A Southern Boy said...

Congradulations on the sponsors, that's awesome. I think its great that a female can accomplish so much. You go Girl!

Julie said...

Awe!! Well thanks! I have always looked up to the females in the snowboarding industry. They certainly have come a long way, and I am thankful for the opportunity I have to be able to make other gals feel the same way I do about this sport!!