Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Think Snow..Just Ride!!!


Age: 22
Years Riding: 10th year
Hometown: Albany, Oregon
Home Mountain: Mt Bachelor, Oregon. Mt Hood, Oregon, The Canyons, Park City, Utah.
Setup: Got a few... Burton 151 Feather, Morrow Bindings. Burton 144 Feelgood Burton Stiletto Bindings. Burton 142 GTwin Burton Stiletto Bindings, and a BB Mode 139 with Burton Freestyle Bindings. I wear Burton Tribute and Moto boots.
What did you think of snowboarding when you first tried it? In love off the bat. Not an easy sport to learn say the least. But I love the snow, the outdoors, and being on a board!

What is the coolest place you’ve traveled to ride?
I would have to say Utah and Colorado of course!! Hitting up New York was pretty amazing..but crummy conditions. Jamie and I plan to go to New Zealand for a snowboarding trip to Mt Rapahoe soon!

What do you think of women’s snowboarding today?
It has come such a long way!! It is incredible to get out and board, and each time see some chick stomping landings like it's cool. Female riders have really come out of their shells, and put the heat on in the snowboarding industry. It is about time!!!

Worst Trend in snowboarding?
Ha..there are quite a few. I would have to go with the haters. The lack of unity I see and the competitive nature in women..just get out with your ladies and ride!!! Bag the jealousy already!

If you couldn’t snowboard, what would you do?
Ski...lol seriously...yes this is true!

Pirates or Ninjas?
Ninjas

What’s the most embarrassing thing that’s happened to you on the mountain?
Mmmm...I have had many wrecks..and that is just a part of nature..it doesn't phase me anymore lol....I would have to go with the time I wrecked and wet my pants because I laughed so hard...haha...good times!

Favorite Trick? Gay twists..( 360 with a grab) I am really liking doing butters on boxes these days though...

Any advice for girls who want to start hitting rails? As Paige Rainear puts it "Just hit it, hit it, and get MJ “Beat It” stuck in your head, and change the words, sing it to yourself, and do it.haha"

Favorite...

Park Feature: so many features...I dig boxes..rainbow rails, and of course the PIPE!!!

Imaginary Animal: haha uhm....catdog! lol

Snack Food: Banana's and Peanut Butta!!!

Drink: Vitamin Water, and water!

Snowboard Shop: www.shreddingbetty.com YO!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

You are soo cute!!!

Andy said...

Nice haha, what website was this for?